First Impressions: The Pointless Book by Alfie Deyes

 
This year was truly the year of the YouTubers, and one of those amongst all of the success is Alfie Deyes from Pointless Blog. I'm not going to give you a biography of him because I'm sure 99% of people reading this know who I'm talking about, so let's just get on to the book!

The Pointless Book is said to be the perfect accompaniment to Alfie's channel, a kind of grown up activity book packed with games, activities and cute little 'about me'-ish sections. One of the main things I love about this book are the games - there are pages where you can host your own rock-paper-scissors competition with sections to keep score, as well as the old classics squares and MASH. I also love the additions of the lists, my favourites being 'Write down five things you'd like to avoid doing today' and one just as simple as listing your favourite things. There are more interactive pages, one which gives you a 'cake in a mug' recipe and a few consecutive pages demonstrating yoga poses. Alfie has suitably added little sections which reveal exclusive video content via The Pointless App, which ties his YouTube channel and book together nicely.

I think this book is the perfect companion during travelling, especially if you're on a long train or plane journey, as it really is a boredom buster. I've been filling out a few pages here and there before bed if I'm not quite tired enough to sleep, so I might do a separate post on some of the pages I've completed! I do feel that this book is aimed towards a lower age group than the one I'm classed in (I'm 19) but I'm enjoying going through it none-the-less.

Edit: After writing up this review, my sister was sadly taken into hospital. But quickly before I left I grabbed my Pointless Book and it was such a life saver! My sister is 7 and we were in the emergency department for nearly six hours and it was such a great little distraction for the both of us! We played noughts and crosses, had a rock-paper-scissors tournament and had fun playing the 'Would You Rather?' sections. I definitely recommend it if you travel a lot, or when visiting someone in hospital. (I wish I had it last year when my dad was in, he slept so much it was ridiculous!)

I bought The Pointless Book from Tesco, but here is the link to the amazon page where it is currently on sale! Alfie is also doing book signing in various cities in the UK (and possibly worldwide!), but at the time I wrote this post no plans had been finalised.

6 comments

  1. Sorry to hear about your sister, I hope she is much better now! I was thinking this would also be really good for a long plane journey! Sounds fun.
    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much! & it definitely is a must-have if you travel a lot, I can imagine it being so useful on trains and things x

      Delete
  2. haha I order this book just for alfie even though I am pretty sure I don't have much time to do it :(

    http://currentlyreadiing.blogspot.com/2014/10/top5-favourite-stand-alone-books.html?spref=tw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually do it at nighttime just before I go to bed to help my brain relax! x

      Delete
  3. i hope your sister is feeling much better now. the book looks interesting! i'm loving it :)

    http://www.raellarina.net/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Please feel free to leave your links - I'm always on the look out for new blogs to read xo