25 Things To Do Before December 25th

I feel like the older I get, the more the Christmas spirit inside of me fades a little so this year I'm combating growing up/the loss of excitement with this little to-do list. These are all of the things I'd love to do this December to help build the excitement again, especially as my little sister can join in too!
 
1. Put up the Christmas tree.
2. DIY some decorations for the house.
3. Make bird seed ornaments for the outdoor trees.
4. Donate food to a homeless shelter or food bank.
5. Make and decorate a gingerbread house.
6. Go ice skating.
7. Read 'How The Grinch Stole Christmas' by Dr Seuss.
8. Watch Elf.
9. Christmas-ify my phone with a festive background and ring tone.
10. Host a family photo shoot.
11. Get up early one morning and cook breakfast
12. Write a letter to Santa with a younger family member.
13. Write a Christmas wish and hang it on the Christmas tree.
14. Paint fingernails red/glittery.
15. Host a card game tournament. Solitaire, anyone?
16. Wrap the Christmas presents.
17. Go Christmas shopping and finish with a Costa hot chocolate.
18. Make Christmas-shaped pizzas.
19. Have a Lush bath using one of the Christmas bath bombs/bubble bars.
20. Bake Christmas cookies to eat on Christmas morning.
21. Buy a fancy bauble.
22. DIY a gift.
23. Drink hot chocolate with whipped cream, sprinkles and (vegetarian) marshmallows.
24. Create a Christmas playlist on your phone/computer.
25. Have a family board-game tournament.
 
What do you think of this list? Is there anything you want to do before Christmas day? x
 

23 comments

  1. Loved this post - I'm also going to create a christmas themed quiz for Christmas day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! & aw, I love that idea! I bet my sister would really enjoy doing something like that. x

      Delete
  2. This list is amazing, will definitely refer back to it in the run up to Christmas!
    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love and love this post. I'm crazy about ice skating haha. I always want to do every year, but never get around to it. However this year I will MAKE it happen, no matter what! Watch this space..

    DiscoverMe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love ice skating too, and there are so many pop-up rinks where I live at the moment! I hope I get around to it x

      Delete
  4. Love this list. I wasn't really in the Christmas spirit these past couple of years, but this year I am! We have all our decorations up and I can't stop listening to Christmas music. Drinking hot chocolate with whipped cream is definitely something I've already been doing...maybe too much :P

    Jenny
    From the Desk of J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! & aw that sounds so cool. No such thing as too much hot chocolate ;) x

      Delete
  5. I have to admit, that since getting older, i've lost a bit of the Christmas spirit. That and working in retail killed a lot of the spirit off and moving away from family to the US was another part. I really want to get downtown to see the huge Christmas tree they have here and finish all my Christmas cross stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love this list! It's lucky every year my Christmas spirit doesn't fade haha. :) Hope you achieve everything here! <3

    Colorful Closets

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a really lovely post (: good luck with completing your list!

    Sophie x | sophhskii.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is super cute. I've never thought of Christmas shaped pizzas before but I think it's something I definitely need in my life now haha.

    iamkelskels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I saw the idea in Pinterest, they were Christmas tree shaped but I might try snowman shaped too! x

      Delete
  9. I might aim to try and get a couple of these done too! Although I need to squeeze it in before the 18th of December as thats when I go away!

    www.emmalouiselong.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I hope you get a chance to do them! Have a good time away x

      Delete
  10. Great list, I just watched Elf last night :D

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love Elf, it's easily one of my favourite Christmas films! x

      Delete
  11. Oooh, I love all of these, especially the family photo one! Gotta keep that spirit alive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) & yeah definitely, it's especially fun for me because I have a little sister so it's even more exciting! x

      Delete
  12. Perfect list! xx
    fashionismyfirstlanguage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Please feel free to leave your links - I'm always on the look out for new blogs to read xo