Hello 2016

Hello 2016!
 
I had originally intended for today's blog post to be a showcase of my 2016 goals, but the more I thought about it, the more I realised that I'm not really ready to let go of 2015. 2015 was one of the best years I've ever had and ending it made me quite anxious. I'm not in a good place at the moment (mentally, not geographically) and the thought of ringing in a New Year when I was feeling so lost and desolate was scary. I achieved so much last year and became a much better person in a million different ways that the memories are the foundation on which I rebuild my confidence and sanity every single day. I'm not quite ready to say goodbye yet. I'm not quite ready for the symbolism of the New Year. So I've decided that this year, 2016, is going to be part two of a duology.
 
 Of course there are things that I want from 2016 that I didn't reach for last year. I want to become more eco-friendly, more daring, more confident. I want to bounce back from this temporary blip in my mental health in a healthier way than I ever have before. I want to visit places that mean a lot to me. I want to have vegan eating days. I want to have lots of Lush baths. I want to bake more brownies and biscuits and cakes. I want to lead a more minimalistic lifestyle. I want to go out for lunch on Sundays with Luke. I want to take the train to Weston just to watch the sun set on the beach. I want to buy my clothes almost exclusively from charity shops. I want to Instagram my life, even if it doesn't fit with my 'theme'. I want to be just as happy as I was through-out most of 2015.
 
I'm going to keep working on the goals I set myself last year, although I will be updating them and adding a few. I'm going to introduce more eco-friendly and budget-friendly content onto this blog. I'm going to keep fighting the thoughts that are threatening to drown me. I'm going to make 2016 the year I want it to be.
 

7 comments

  1. Happy New Year Lauren! I too haven't really felt up to taking on the 2016 baton, I even said to a friend yesterday that I'll just celebrate it when it feels like a 'new year' to me ;) as someone who feels like they let themselves down in the latter half of the year, I'm aiming to take smaller steps to feel more content next year, mostly! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like all your goals-especially the 'take more lush baths'-I think everyone could benefit from that :)
    katie-louu.blogspot.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sad to hear you haven't always felt in a good place! I am always hear if you need a chat! I wish you all the best for a happy and healthy 2016 xx

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoping 2016 brings you that better mindset and you feel better about it all soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Something I've just realised recently, 2016 is just a number. Seeing in a new year doesn't really change anything, unless you want it too. But ultimately it's always up to you. Wishing you the best for 2016 Lauren xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great post. I wish you all the best for 2016 and hope it is as good, or better, than 2015! x www.aimeeraindropwrites.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Please feel free to leave your links - I'm always on the look out for new blogs to read xo