Goodreads Reading Challenge Update

We've officially stepped into the second half of 2016 and although that is terrifying and baffling, it is also the perfect time to reflect on my 2016 Goals and any other little challenges I set myself at the beginning of the year. One of these challenges happens to be my Goodreads Reading Challenge and today I thought I'd share my progress with ya!

So far in 2016 I've finished 12 books. Notice I say 'finished' here, as there are about 5 or 6 books that I'm about 75% through that I just can't find the motivation/time to finish. So I have been reading a lot (I've also been reading fanfiction and the partial draft of Midnight Sun by Stephenie Meyer on her website) but on paper, or rather computer screen, it doesn't look like much. It's all good, though, because I'm actually bang on target for my end goal which is 25 books.
 
{ What I've Read So Far... }
 Happily Ever After by Kiera Cass
 Angus, Thongs & Full-Frontal Snogging by Louise Rennison
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by JK Rowling
Beautiful Broken Things by Sara Bernard
 
As you can tell I had a serious Kiera Cass marathon at the beginning of the year, which was triggered by reading The Heir. As soon as I'd finished I dove straight into Happily Ever After, which is a collection of short stories, and then decided to just go back to the beginning and read The Selection again, followed by the two sequels. Looking at this list, I've just realised that I've also been on a bit of a mental health fiction binge this year too. Am I Normal Yet?, Asking For It, Beautiful Broken Things and Finding Audrey all focus heavily on mental health conditions such as anxiety, depression and OCD. I think this is something that I subconsciously do whenever my own mental health is bad - I seek refuge and comfort inside another's story. I find that it helps a lot!
 
Did you set yourself a Goodreads challenge for 2016? How are you getting on?
 
 


5 comments

  1. Yay for rainbow books your photo is so pretty! I set myself the challenge of 35 books, so far I've read 17 so doing well. I'm looking forward to a summer holiday binge of books. =^-^=

    Sam | Momentarily Dreaming

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read 18 out of 85 for this years challenge. I need to step up! haha

    Jess | http://italktogh0sts.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've done so badly with my Goodreads challenge this year with final year of uni taking over just about every inch of my life. I have started so many books only to get bored of them and never finish them. What's your advice, stick them out, or throw them to one side??

    So far I have only read: The Hunger Games Mockingjay and Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer. Reading Stolen by Tim Weaver I think at the moment which is REALLY good. Although 2 out of 20 aint so great.

    www.simplysara.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done! You're doing better than me. Haha. I was aiming for 60. I'm not sure what I'm on but I am about 5 or 6 books behind schedule! I've been lacking motivation real badly recently. x www.aimeeraindropwrites.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Please feel free to leave your links - I'm always on the look out for new blogs to read xo