La Luna


It's been a while since I dedicated an entire blog post to my little sidekick but I recently stumbled across a bunch of photos of her as a kitten and I was suddenly struck by how tiny she used to be and how giant she has become. She's now two years old and is definitely in her rebellious teenage phase. I thought that she was mischievous as a kitten, but gawd does she drive me insane now.

Luna's main joys in life include eating, sleeping on top of the rabbit hutch or at the end of my bed, bringing in dead mice and hiding them in my washing, sitting on top of my Xbox and meowing at 3am so I will wake up and feed her and sitting on top of my bookcase just to annoy me. She loves pulling my photos off of the wall - especially my giant framed Audrey Hepburn poster, which she'll go for if she wants more food and I'm refusing her. She makes the funniest indignant mew noise if you touch her whilst she's sleeping and don't even think about trying to smooth her - she'll just interrupt and go over every minute strand of fur with her tongue to make sure your dirty human germs don't infect her.
She also gives no fucks about where she sleeps. On dirty washing, on the draining board in the kitchen, in the tumble dryer, in my sister's pyjama drawer, on my windowsill, in a plant pot. Her favourite place at the moment is on top of the 8ft tall rabbit hutch though. She loves to longue around up there all day until dinner time, when she'll come in, eat and then disappear upstairs to continue lounging in one of the aforementioned places. She also sleeps in the funniest way - completely stretched out without caring about how you'll have to awkwardly position yourself around her. She also likes to sleep with her paws tucked in, one up under her chin and the other across her face, like a little baby. Bless her.
She's a total Daddy's Girl at the moment. She goes through phases where she'll be obsessed with Luke for three weeks and then with me for one week and then she'll be back to Luke again. It leaves me feeling MISERABLE but what can ya do. She's her own person and all that. She's very independent and rarely wants to sit and snuggle like she did when she was a kitten. BUT she woke me up at 1am a few weeks ago by meowing at me to lift my arm up so she could tuck herself right up to me and proceeded to stare at me lovingly before drifting off to sleep. I swear I could have died/cried.
She's also a total tank nowadays. I've taken to calling her 'the slug' because when she lies down a certain way and you can't see any of her white bits she literally looks like a giant furry slug. God, I love her. Her pouch is also really low-hanging so she looks 5x as big as she actually is. I swear tho, if she would sit across my chest now like she used to do when she was a kitten she'd probably crush my rib cage.
 
I've been pondering for the longest time over whether or not to get her a brother as I'm really missing having a kitten but I'm so obsessed with her still that I want to keep her as my centre of attention for a little bit longer!
 

11 comments

  1. Oh my god what a cutie! I have a black and white cat myself, such a fan <3 Mine is called Belle and unlike Luna she hates my fiance which is quite funny. We will be having a cuddle and if he walks in the room she will actually get up and leave!
    Love pet posts <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw what a lovely name! Hahaha cats can be too sassy! x

      Delete
  2. Aww she's so cute! I have a little black and white cat, too. He is called Harley and he's a pain in the ass but I love him! Haha. x www.aimeeraindropwrites.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww so cute =]

    emyii90.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luna is beyond cute! I love all your stories about the funny things she does, pets with tonnes of personality are the greatest xx

    Toasty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! She's definitely the sassiest cat I've ever met! x

      Delete
  5. Aw I love seeing posts on pets haha. Luna sounds like a right character haha. Why is it though that cats always seem to go for the boyfriend most of the time?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Oh gawd, she definitely is. I'd love to know this!! Even my other cats Frankie and Bailey will abandon me and sit with Luke when he comes in! x

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! Please feel free to leave your links - I'm always on the look out for new blogs to read xo